|Remove||Item||Quantity × Price|
|Your cart is empty|
Schumann: Frauenliebe und Leben, op. 42 (high transposition)
Robert Schumann's Frauenliebe und Leben, op 42, now available in a higher transposition. This score is raised one full step from the original key.
Information from Wikipedia:
Frauen-Liebe und Leben (A Woman's Love and Life) is a cycle of poems by Adelbert von Chamisso, written in 1830. They describe the course of a woman's love for her man, from her point of view, from first meeting through marriage to his death, and after.
Schumann composed his setting, Frauenliebe und Leben in 1840, his year of song' in which he wrote numerous lieder and three other complete song cycles: Liederkreis, Op. 24, Liederkreis, Op. 39 and Dichterliebe, Op. 48. There are eight poems in his cycle, together telling a story from the protagonist's first meeting her love, through their marriage, to his death. They are:
- 'Seit ich ihn gesehen' ("Since I saw him")
- 'Er, der Herrlichste von allen' ("He, the noblest of all")
- 'Ich kann's nicht fassen, nicht glauben' ("I cannot grasp or believe it")
- 'Du Ring an meinem Finger' ("You ring upon my finger")
- 'Helft mir, ihr Schwestern' ("Help me, sisters")
- 'Süßer Freund, du blickest mich verwundert an' ("Sweet friend, you gaze")
- 'An meinem Herzen, an meiner Brust' ("At my heart, at my breast")
- 'Nun hast du mir den ersten Schmerz getan' ("Now you have caused me pain for the first time")